Job Title: Finance and Admin Coordinator
Company: Dead Ink Books (Cinder House Publishing Ltd)
Part-Time: Two days per week.
Salary: £25,000 pro rata 0.4 FTE
Location: Liverpool, UK
Dead Ink Books is an independent publishing company based in Liverpool, UK. We publish exciting and innovative books from new and emerging writers across a range of genres. We are seeking a Finance and Admin Coordinator to join our team. This is a part-time position that will be responsible for coordinating the company’s financial and administrative operations. A new member of Arts Council England’s National Portfolio, Dead Ink Books is embarking on an ambitious strategy of growth over the next three years and we are looking for the right candidate to form an integral part of our small team.
The ideal candidate will be excited to join a small but growing team and highly motivated to make a demonstrable impact within our business operations as we grow. They will be detail-orientated and capable of taking on several varied tasks with competing demands. We’re a small team, so we’re looking for someone who can take on any task and offer original solutions.
If you are passionate about books and have a proven track record in finance and admin, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
• Managing day-to-day financial operations, including processing payments, managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank statements, processing PAYE and BACS payments, and maintaining accurate financial records.
• Compiling and managing data for Arts Council England NPO reporting.
• Processing quarterly VAT returns.
• Assisting with accountants queries for end of year accounts.
• Ensuring compliance with statutory bodies.
• Compiling and maintaining royalty reports.
• Ecommerce reconciliation.
• Assisting with financial forecasting and budgeting processes.
• Preparing and submitting financial reports to management as required.
• Maintaining accurate records of employee time off, sick leave, and other related data
• Assisting with HR duties, such as onboarding new employees and maintaining personnel files.
• Managing office petty cash, office supplies, staff expenses, and staff travel arrangements.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a finance and/or administrative role.
• Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with accounting software (Quickbooks preferred).
• Knowledge of HR practices and policies is a plus.
• Financial qualifications are a plus.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. Therefore, we welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. If you have a disability, or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 23rd.