Job Title: Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Salary: £25,000 pa
We are an independent publisher based in Liverpool, specializing in bold fiction and innovative non-fiction. We are seeking a highly motivated Sales and Marketing Coordinator to join our team and help us grow our business. A new member of Arts Council England’s National Portfolio, Dead Ink Books is embarking on an ambitious strategy of growth over the next three years and we are looking for the right candidate to form an integral part of our small team.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about publishing and highly motivated to make a demonstrable impact within our business. They will be creative and personable, but unafraid of detail-orientated responsibilities. We’re a small team, so we’re looking for someone who can take on any task and offer original solutions.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to promote our books and authors
- Build and maintain relationships with bookstores, libraries, and other retail outlets
- Develop and manage social media accounts and email marketing campaigns
- Coordinate book signings, author events, and other promotional activities
- Collaborate with authors and editors to ensure their work receives maximum exposure
- Producing routine sales and marketing materials as required by the Publishing Team
- Pro-actively identify and pursue sales and marketing opportunities
- Produce timely and reliable reports on sales figures and Key Performance Indicators
- Work alongside marketing, editorial, publicity, and sales teams and facilitate their success
- Manage mail-outs of books
- Manage the submissions to awards and prizes
- Write high-quality and engaging copy
- Participate in strategic discussions within the company with thoughtful and original contributions
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the publishing team
- Experience in a sales and marketing role, preferably in publishing or a related industry
- Strong communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful marketing strategies
- Experience managing social media accounts and email marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of the book industry and current market trends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent standard of written English
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is desirable but not required
If you are passionate about books and have a proven track record in sales and marketing, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. Therefore, we welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. If you have a disability, or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 16h.