Job Title: Publicist
Salary: £30,000 – 35,000 pro rata 0.6 FTE
Job Title: Publicist
Company: Dead Ink Books
Location: Remote (UK-based)
Part-time: 3 days per week
Dead Ink Books, an independent publisher with a focus on publishing innovative, boundary-pushing literature, is seeking an experienced Publicist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing effective national publicity campaigns for our titles and projects, handling all author and company PR and events, and generating and fostering review and feature coverage across relevant media.
• Developing and delivering effective national publicity campaigns for our titles and projects
• Handling all author and company PR and events
• Generating and fostering review and feature coverage across relevant media, including newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, online, and social media
• Attending and contributing to meetings to discuss, collaborate, and implement campaigns and promotions for upcoming titles
• Working closely with the Editorial, Marketing, and Sales teams to ensure publicity opportunities are fully maximised across the company
• Accompanying authors to press interviews, booking travel and accommodation, assisting with event logistics and planning
• Preparing press releases, publicity materials and presentations, book mailouts, and fulfilling image requests
• Building relationships with key company stakeholders
• Creating and distributing press updates
• Providing editorial input and feedback to the Editorial and Design team
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working in publicity, with a proven track record of delivering successful publicity campaigns
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• A passion for innovative, boundary-pushing literature
Our ideal candidate will be a creative thinker able to passionately and enthusiastically bring attention to the work of Dead Ink Books and become an integral member of our team as we grow.
This role is home-based, but occasional evening work and national travel may be required as well as occasional travel to our office in Liverpool. If you’re passionate about promoting innovative literature and want to join a dynamic and growing team, please send your CV and cover letter to us. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. Therefore, we welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. If you have a disability, or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience to email@example.com by end of the day May 5th.